Saturday, May 27, 2017

Do You Believe in Nightmares by Steve Ditko 1957

While I'm working on other posts, I thought I'd briefly drop in and post this issue of Do You Believe in Nightmares #1, published by St. John in November of 1957. 4 out of the 5 stories, along with the cover, are drawn by Steve Ditko. I can't think of any other stories he drew for St. John (someone correct me if I'm wrong), so this is a bit of a rarity. At this point, St. John was on it's last legs, as was most smaller companies owned in no small part to the Comics Code Authority that was implemented in 1955. The second and final issue of Do You believe in Nightmares was published in January 1958 and contained no Ditko art. Enjoy these code approved horror comics drawn by one of the greats.


























No comments:

Post a Comment