Monday, September 28, 2020

Jeff Jones Spasm! 1973

Here's a 1973 comic by Jeff Jones published by Last Gasp. Last Gasp wasn't known for publishing well-established non-underground cartoonists so this is a treat. I first discovered Jeff Jones in the early 90s when I was getting into late 60s and early 70s comics. I found him through Bernie Wrightson and Michael Kaluta and quickly became a huge fan. Around this time I was also buying underground comics that spanned that same time period which led me to this comic. As with most of Jones' comics, there's more style than substance but what STYLE! In later life, Jeff Jones transitioned to Jeffrey Catherine Jones which a story unto itself. I encourage you to further seek out her work if you are unfamiliar with it.






































No comments:

Post a Comment